Acreage/Semi-Rural for Auction
The Perfect Setting, with Options Aplenty
Property ID 1993087Bestowing the highest elevation in the region, this is the original Tallagandra Hill property in which its region has since been dubbed. 275 Mulligans Flat Road and its sprawling and gently undulating approximate 114 acres offers a vibrant harmonious mix of relaxation, productivity, abundant resource, serenity and privacy. Executive country-style living is achieved with a beautifully renovated and generously proportioned 4 bedroom rendered brick residence just moments drive and with ease of access to both the Federal Highway and Canberra's Bonner Shops and Gungahlin Town Centre. Discreetly tucked away, the existing home's position captures the inherent privacy & rolling views over the properties idyllic grazing paddocks to the surrounding mountain ranges.
The current owners circumstance change provides a fortunate family a wonderful opportunity to if they so choose, can commence the currently DA approved plans to construct an additional function center, chapel, bed and breakfast residence. The approved building zone for this boasts mesmerizing views, is already land leveled, is well away and out of site of the existing residence and is accessed via a separate Cottonwood lined driveway. There is also another approved building envelope on the property where the current owners intended on building their beautiful dream family home; this area is positioned near and respectful of an old stone monument housing the original surveyors peg thought to be from the mid to late 1800's. All of this is an option for the next fortunate family.
The existing rural resort inspired residence boats a stunning designer kitchen with 40mm thick Calacatta marble style stone benches, step in pantry, plentiful storage and preparation space and high grade Smeg appliances including dishwasher, oversized induction cook top, oven and grill. The bright open living room, which spills out to the wrap around verandah features high vaulted ceilings, fireplace and exposed brick feature. The dining room sociably adjoins the kitchen and showcases breathtaking views over the property. A large rumpus room with its own second full kitchen is wrapped in glass creating a seamless fusion to its accessible outdoor entertaining spaces. The master bedroom wing enjoys segregation from the secondary bedrooms while providing a bedroom sized dressing room/robe and a luxurious ensuite with twin basin vanity, ceiling height tiles, frameless shower screen and double sized shower.
With focus on entertaining and modern family living, the homes surrounds offer large covered and uncovered alfresco spaces overlooking a sparkling heated in-ground swimming pool with spa like features. Substantial stone retaining walls frame the home creating tranquil level lawns and gardens for the kids to play.
- Sealed road currently from the property to Federal Highway, with the road to Bonner confirmed by the council to be sealed within this financial year.
- Secure, electric gate entry, renovated large 4 bedroom 2 bathroom residence approximately 251m2 of internal living, 173m2 of covered verandah area
- Property infrastructure includes an excellent bore, various sizable sheds, cattle yards with stock loading ramp.
- Potable water supply of 20,000 gall fresh water tank, non-potable water supply via the on-property bore with an estimated flow rate of 600gph, 3 distributed on-property surface collection dams
- 6 large composite recreation blocks with areas of excellent grazing & open paddocks punctuated by mature trees & clusters of natural bush land all with a melodic backdrop.
- Double steel garage at residence with integrated comfortable property office at the rear, additional machinery sheds approximately 150m from the house
- The past owners haven't needed to implement a fertilizing regime due to the property's inherent productivity. The block's front paddocks have dams & shade trees are well cleaned & cleared with the rear paddocks generally having some very good decomposed granite soils, a dam, shade trees.
- Generally, the block would be ideal for cross-stock grazing with the rear paddocks suitable for feed crop production; or, like the current owners it can be just a lovely recreational setting for you, with an informal arrangement in place where neighboring properties run their cattle to keep your paddocks down.
- Located approx 24km (approx. 20 minutes) from Canberra's CBD, 6kms to Bonner Shops, 13km to Gunghalin Town Centre, zoned RU1 in the Yass Valley Council
Committed to the sale, the sellers are very reasonable in their expectations and welcome offers prior to the auction day. In regards to settlement duration, the sellers are flexible and can offer settlement before Christmas or in the new yearwhat a place to spend your Christmas this year!